cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Welfare escalation

Hi, our landline with BT has been out of action for over a week. We have been going round in circles with the BT Bot to no avail. Yesterday, we were contacted by Open Reach, who escalated our case to the Welfare team. We were told to phone 0800 678 3085 on Sunday pm , if the problem had not been resolved. Our ref no.Was C75160060…

On phoning this afternoon, we were advised very abruptly that this was a business number and to contact Open Reach again. The phone was firmly put down… no further help or telephone number was offered and we are back to square one, going round in circles with the BT Bot again!

Please advise…

Patrick Groombridge

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Welfare escalation

@patrick38673 

I assume you are a residential user and your phone line is with BT Retail, and not another provider?

You need to call 0800 800 151, that is the number for residential phone faults.

Or 

Text us

Text PHONE to 61998 (charges may apply at your standard rate).

• We’ll run tests on your connection to find out what’s going on.
  • If you need an engineer, we’ll text you in 15 minutes to book a slot.
  • If you don’t need an engineer, our brilliant UK and Ireland based team will call you within 30 minutes to help solve your issue.

Monday to Friday 8am - 9pm

Weekends and bank holidays 8am - 8pm

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi Keith we have already gone down the text route and have been informed an engineer will contact us within 48hrs. Unfortunately , this is where we were last week and nothing happened!

Patrick

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I have asked a moderator to assist. They are the only BT Employees on this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @patrick38673,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry there has been a delay in getting your service repaired. When you last spoke to BT did they give you any indication of what the fault might be?

If you send me your details, I'll be able to take a look at what is happening with the repair.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings