cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Why do BT keep closing my complaint?

It is a combination of both.

Phone on old line....internet through new digital router ... digital being connected 20 October... reported phone issue 30 September.

All equipment in home is working ok.

There is no dial tone.

I have written to BT customer service and will see what happens on 20 October.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

What do you mean by "digital router"? If you've been upgraded to FTTP & you router now connects to a newly installed ONT, then your phone service is almost certainly now DV.

Connect to the router via  a browser (192.168.1.254) & check if the phone section is active & showing your number. If so, your phone should be plugged into the back of thee router as @iniltous suggested.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

I changed over to a smart hub 2 which I understand has the digital workings installed.

I have the digital phone kit but not connected as been told digital will not be activated till 24 October (not 20 as said in last post, my error sorry).

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Checked status results.

Broadband connected

Phone not configured 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Presumably then you are currently on PSTN telephony ( phone in wall socket but not working ) , because of your  imminent migration to DV you have been sent a SH2 which you have connected, it shows that DV hasn’t yet been configured, so the PSTN wall socket should still be working ( but isn’t ) .

Obviously I’ve no idea what you have reported, but it should have been that your phone ‘line’ wasn’t working ( NDT , no dialtone )  but your broadband is fine , and reported as a phone problem not a broadband problem, if that was done , it’s possible the migration to DV has been assumed to be the issue when it’s probably the  PSTN exchange equipment that’s faulty ( one of the reasons for moving to  DV is the PSTN exchange equipment is now very old and prone to failure  ) .

A ‘BT’ engineer is actually the correct ‘department’ in that Openreach are not responsible for PSTN equipment ( the actual switch in the exchange building )  but the home visit by BT seems bizarre, nothing can be fixed by BT in your home if you are still PSTN , an exchange engineer visiting a house is nonsensical, suggesting although BT , they were not a PSTN switch engineer .

The appropriate response to NDT reports, is Openreach check from the customer to exchange and if the exchange at fault , ( your individual line circuit ) it  is not repaired ,  you are transferred to spare , adjacent ( but working ) line circuit by Openreach , ( who call BT , get BT to reconfigure your appearance in the exchange equipment to a new line circuit location and Openreach ‘rejumper’ your line to that new circuit ) 

Given the fact that it’s now less than two days to the DV changeover , it’s probably pointless attempting to get this resolved now , simply wait until 24/20/24, chances are DV will work and the faulty PSTN is never going to be reissued to anyone , obviously you move your phone instrument to the router from wall socket , once done , ( and working on DV ) ask BT about compensation.

0 Ratings