cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

caller diplay has stopped working

I have BT landline & broadband & a BT phone. My contract has caller display. This stopped working on Saturday & just shows incoming call & no number. I checked the #234# & it says it is enabled. I've unplugged everything & plugged back in but it still doesn't work

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: caller diplay has stopped working

@grc1 

Its most likely a faulty exchange line card port, assuming you are not on BT Digital Voice.

The fact that it says its enabled, is purely a software response from the exchange itself, but hardware failures are quite common. Broadband equipment can also affect the signalling out to line.

If you have another phone you could try that first, otherwise all you can do is to report the fault, and an Openreach Frames Technician can check on the exchange frame.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi @grc1 and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about your caller display problem. As @Keith_Beddoe has mentioned it would be worthwhile trying another phone. If that doesn't work then drop me a reply to my private message and I'll look into this for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I haven't got another phone to try but last night on BT chat they said they'd identified a fault & had rectified it & it should work after midnight last night. Needless to say it hasn't worked.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for getting back @grc1 .

Drop me a reply to my message and I'll look into this for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

thanks that would help

0 Ratings