cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: digital voice PAYG charges

Not quite the same tho! I never paid extra, apart from line rental, which I still pay, when I had copper wire phone connection 🤷‍♂️
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

@simonriddler 

When your contract expires you should be able to start a new contract, but without Digital Voice. This would be a broadband only one.

Meanwhile you can change your calling plan to remove any call packages, and revert to PAYG.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

@simonriddler 

The question is also, were you out of contract before you were move to DV, or did you recontract and then were forced to have DV?

If you were out of contract, and DV was forced upon you, then the phone part of your contract would remain the same, and if you did not have a Smart Hub 2, then BT should have supplied one FOC, as they were altering your contract.

There are people on legacy ADSL contracts which include PAYG calls and even free weekend calls, without any extra charges. Its only if they chose to renew their contract that they are going to face an increase in charges due to a forced move to FTTC/FTTP, and associated charges for a phone service if required, and also the extra yearly increase in charges.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

I don't have DV yet but have 2 separate BT accounts both with a landline and with broadband. I have had them for about 25 years. I have never actively changed them to my knowledge. One has broadband and calls at 79 and month and line rent 26 so about 106 a month and the other broadband and calls 77 a month and 4.02 "voicemail" a month.
0 Ratings