cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 70

Re: digital voice and draytek vigor 2862

Your mail problems are entirely unrelated to your home configuration.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 70

Hi again Liquorice,

Thanks for your prompt response and valid information/confirmation.

I tried typing in IP of router with internet disconnected in browser search, it states that there is no internet connection,  the only way I can get access to router Admin page is to be connected to the internet.

I am some what confused.com now!

Thanks Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 70

Not half as confused as I am! 😀

That doesn't make sense at all.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 70

Did you make sure your PC had an IP address in the same subnet as the admin page you were trying to access?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 70

Hi Liquorice,

Ok if my email issues when connected to the BT SH2 are unrelated to the new settings on the BT SH2.

Pray.........reveal all ................I hope/trust you may be able to inform me as to what the BT Email problems are related problems are related too? 

Thanks once more Hmmmmmmmmmmm

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 70

As @WSH has already said, if you can access the internet at all, your configuration can't differentiate what you can and can't access.

The BT email server is simply just another IP address.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 70

Hi Liquorice,

In response to your question below

Did you make sure your PC had an IP address in the same subnet as the admin page you were trying to access?

In so far as I can ascertain yes?

Thanks Hmmmmmmmmmmm 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 70

What I meant was, you need to try it with both the Draytek and the SH2 in place.  The request for the mail server should then show as your Draytek > the SH2 > BT BRAS.  If it gets to the BRAS then the request is going out to BT as it should and there is no problem with the Draytek connected through the SH2.

With reference to message 22: the router must be connected to your PC and, as Licquorice says, it must be set to an address that that is 192.168.0.x or 192.68.1.x that matches that used on the router connected at the time.  It's usually best to set these as a static address.  If you are doing it with you PC set to automatic (dynamic) address, then the pc will require a reboot each time you change the router you are connected to, so it can pick up a suitable address.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 70

Hi WSH,

Ok I see your suggestion clearly.

But my obtuse uninformed thinking was if the BT email was not functioning with only the BT SH2 connected then there was no point progressing to setting up EWAN on Draytek and connecting the Draytek to BT SH2 with an existing problem.

My obtuse thinking was to hopefully fix BT email problem before progressing to setting up and connecting Draytek for fear of introducing dare I say it more problems.

Thanks Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 70

See my edit in the previous message.

0 Ratings