cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

digital voice and draytek vigor 2862

We are being moved to digital voice soon.  We dont' have/use bt smart hub 2 - instead a draytek vigor 2862 router.  Can I connect my landline to draytek in the same way I would if we had hub2??  If not, how can we get round this?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: digital voice and draytek vigor 2862

Message 3 of 4

as has been posted numerous times if you have DV then the SH2 must be first connection to the internet and you can then connect your own router to the SH2   the FAQ will help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 4

In a word, no.  Digital voice is a proprietary system that only work through the smart hub 2.

Personally, I use a Draytek 2762.  Since DV I’ve had it set up as:

The SH2 needs to be directly connected to the master socket/ONT for digital voice.

Smart Hub 2 (SH2) router settings:

DHCP off.  (The addresses here are best set as static addresses).

Router itself set to a static IP of 192.168.1.254, (the default).

Subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 or /24, (also the default).

DMZ host set to 192.168.1.2  (This should stop double NAT problems but you only really need it if you run a server etc.  Note, this setting allows a lot of traffic to bypass the SH2 firewall, so you are relying on your own router’s firewall for security).

Turn off both Wi-Fi bands in favour of your own router.  (This may also be a good security move if you do enable the DMZ host.  I would still expect Wi-Fi traffic on the SH2 to go through its firewall but I can’t be sure how they’ve set it up internally).

Connect the DSL port to the phone socket on the wall, (or the WAN port to the ONT, if on FTTP).

DV phone/extension then plugs into the phone socket on the Smart Hub 2.

Own router settings:

DHCP on, range 192.168.0.2-192.168.0.200  (Note the 0 in the third position, making this a separate network to the SH2.  This is deliberate, not a typo).

Router itself is on a static IP of 192.168.0.1

Subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 or /24

Enable the EWAN port and set it to a fixed IP of 192.168.1.2, (so it is part of the SH2 network).

Gateway set to 192.168.1.254, (again, pointing to the SH2).

DNS set to 192.168.1.254 (or whatever you usually use).

The EWAN socket on your own router (probably 4) connects to a LAN port on the SH2.  (NB. This will not work if you use the DSL port on your own router).