Message 1 of 3

old router

Hi

Finally going to go full fibre soon.  Not sure about getting digital handsets, are they free and included in package ?

The old router which works well will be redundant, what happens to that?  Do you recycle it?  give it to BT engineer or are you instructed to post it back somewhere BT related?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: old router

You'll only get a VOIP landline replacement if that is in the contract you go for.  Currently, I believe BT is not providing handsets, and instead, you'll need to connect to the phone sockets on the rear of the router.  If you already have a BT router that is VOIP compatible it may be that no replacement hub is provided.  You may find it possible to pair standard DECT phones to the BT SH2 router, or if you want an update BT have their own bespoke HD DECT handsets available (won't work with a compatible BT hub - not industry standard).

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: old router

To clarify that, a BT Smart Hub2 is the ONLY device that is compatible with BT Digital Voice.

Handsets are no longer offered free but DV adapters (effectively a portable phone socket) are.

Any analogue phone or DECT base station can be plugged into either the phone socket on the hub or an adapter located anywhere with a mains socket.

0 Ratings