cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

telphone line has no tones

when pluged into the fitter with line no tone when added to back of the router tone is there  

issue 2 padlock broken in manger hub page 

(so  me one asked for a mobile for this to be looked into they wanted to go to make a complaint for this rather than adding me to tier two tech support witch means hotspot only showing secured padlock and if phone is pluged into the router we have issues as all our main line numbers show up in the broken padlock thank you 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: telphone line has no tones

@theriddlerz1 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

I assume you are a BT Retail customer with a BT Smart Hub 2?

If you get dial tone when you plug into the socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2, then it means you are on BT Digital Voice and your main phone socket will no longer work.

The hub manager is not a secure connection, so will not have a padlock symbol.  A secure connection would not apply to a  connection which does not connect via the Internet.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

witch means damaged router page and no phone usage at min i am using a hotspot as this is classed as case sensitive to chat and express issues as if broken padlock is on the website address bar this means theres been a hack on the router mangment page 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

system says red triangle for 192.168.1.254 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@theriddlerz1 wrote:

witch means damaged router page and no phone usage at min i am using a hotspot as this is classed as case sensitive to chat and express issues as if broken padlock is on the website address bar this means theres been a hack on the router mangment page 

No it doesn't. The hub management page is HTTP not HTTPS. There is no need for it to be HTTPS as the it is only accessible by devices physically connected to it via Ethernet or WiFi. It also requires a password before any changes can be made.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

The hub manager is not a secure connection, so will not have a padlock symbol.  A secure connection would not apply to a  connection which does not connect via the Internet. pass throw and connection if system inside says not or youre are connected  ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

The reason you are seeing the “Not Secure” warning is because the web page or website you are visiting is not providing an encrypted connection. When your Chrome browser connects to a website it can either use the HTTP (insecure) or HTTPS (secure). Any page providing an HTTP connection will cause the “Not Secure” warning. this can aloso affect the bttv mybt sport app and wifi and home security as the apps where built on http
0 Ratings