cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

1 blue light on my hybrid box instead of 2 or 3

my main telephone connector is in the hall but everything else is in another room, what can I do to improve my broadband reception,

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: 1 blue light on my hybrid box instead of 2 or 3

Hi @ecoy welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I found the below advice on the BT.com/help pages.

Where should I put my Hybrid Connect?

The Hybrid Connect device works best when it’s attached to a Smart Hub with an Ethernet cable. But it can connect to the hub without it. So if you’ve set up Hybrid Connect and your 4G signal isn’t strong enough, it’s time to try moving your device to another location. Your Hybrid Connect device will then connect to your Smart Hub using wi-fi.

Look for a location that’s:

• Well ventilated
  • Raised up from the floor
  • Away from other electronics
  • Near a plug and a window
  • Relatively close to your hub

The lights on the device will tell you when you’ve found a good spot. The central light should turn blue, and the 4G signal icon should have as many lit-up bars as possible.

If your 4G signal isn't strong enough, try moving your Hybrid Connect away from your Smart Hub. You're looking for a place where as many of your signal bars light up as possible. 

If your central light turns orange, you're starting to move your Hybrid Connect too far from the Smart Hub and may want to move it a bit closer. 

If your central light turns red then your Hybrid Connect is definitely too far from your Smart Hub - try another location that's closer.

If your Hybrid Connect can't pick up a 4G signal contact us on 0800800150. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings