cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

3rd Party Router

Go to solution

Hi 

I recently bought the new GLI Flint wifi6 router. 

Iam not a newbie, but puck me they are not making it easy to configure the device !!

I cannot for the life of me find the section where I would need to input username and password. 

I was beginning to think I had bought the wrong product but iam positive it is what I need.

So I simply wanted to swap the generic hub for the new GLI-NET Flint. I have successfully entered admin page and on my pc it is finding the broadband connection on eth but not on wifi, but will not connect as there is no connection. 

Do I have a antivirus setting issue? Maybe VPN? I have tried to connect without antivirus on but no difference. 

When on the admin page there are 3 buttons to ping I assume to check the connection is valid .....would or shd I change these to the BT IP and DNS??

Also It seems like that over the course of a month or so the settings for the WiFi adapter on my laptop have changed. I am not sure if this is something that would have auto changed when I was messing about. Of if because I have contact bt they are **bleep** about with my router connection on their side.  Or maybe I should think less 😆😁.

I sent the router back as I wanted to learn a little more. Then I'll just buy another. All tutorial and vids are **bleep** and do not explain things for me to be able to understand so if someone has patience and a little free time , im all ears !!

Where would you insert the username if there isn't a section where it would be needed to go !!!! Arhhhhhh😤😤

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: 3rd Party Router

Go to solution

@turkturk85 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Which BT Broadband package do you have?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

The cheapest ATM....I am changing to the max I can get on Monday.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Will it be restricted more....as I have been thinking this for a couple months.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

do you have FTTC - fibre to cabinet and copper to your home or FTTP fibre to your home and an ONT like this

ont-pon.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

No . Just the master socket5c and one broadband cable going to the router

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Then the GLI Flint router will not work without a separate modem.

The only router that would work would be an ADSL/VDSL one. If you have a G.Fast connection, then you are restricted to a small number of choices.

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi.

Ok cool. I thought that the BT hub and the flint acted as a modem. But this is where I'm lacking. 

What would I search online for a little course or video, so I can get to grips more.  Also the flint says it was for VDSL which when I checked on the BT admin page it says the line connection was broadband VDSL. 

So with this type of home connection I would need to still use the hub and connect with the new router via Eth or wi-fi or tether to the BT hub. Or get a modem aswell.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Specification

Interface 1 x WAN Ethernet port
4 x LAN Ethernet ports
1 x USB 3.0 (Type-A)
1 x LED
1 x Sync Button
1 x Reset Button
1 x 12V/1.5A DC Input

It does not have a DSL input which would be needed for VDSL.

You could connect it to an Ethernet port on the BT Home Hub, but you would not get any of the extra features, as they require a direct connection to a modem, so it would be a waste of money.

If you just have a VDSL connection, then you can buy a secondhand.

Huawei EchoLife VDSL Fibre Modem - White (HG612)

For about £55