cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Android Phone Not Showing Smart Hub 2

My partner has recently bought a Nokia C32 and it picks up all the other WiFi networks around but not our Smart Hub 2. I've tried a factory reset of both the phone and Smart Hub 2, and also turning the 5GhZ on and off, still nothing. Any help would be greatfully appreciated thanks. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Android Phone Not Showing Smart Hub 2

Presumably you mean that the phone doesn't display the SSID of your hub in the list of Wi-Fi networks available (?)

If this is so then try changing the wi-fi channel (from Advanced settings) to anything other than Smart, channels 11 and 44 should do 

Message 3 of 5

Yes I mean the SSID, tried that and still not showing. I've got other devices that show the SSID.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Have you tried manually inputting the SSID rather than scanning for it?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

According to the spec I’ve just glanced at, that phone is not capable of 802.11ac.  I would have thought that the Smart Hub 2 was backward compatible with the “n” standard but I wouldn’t take it for granted.

I have a very old laptop.  The built-in wi-fi adapter cannot see the SH2 despite it being “n”.  If I plug an “ac” capable dongle in it works.

Edit: While I think about it, there are 3 wireless "modes" on the SH2 for compatibility.  It probably needs a different mode selecting.