cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Broadband goes off every night @ 11:57pm

hi,

as per title our broadband stops working at 11:57 pm every night until 6am or so. 5 nights in a row now. It happened a few months ago then resolved itself 

The box has blue lights and looks fine. I cannot connect to hub via WiFi or via lan cable using the usual ip address it’s like the box is completely inaccessible. I’ve restarted, waited for 10 mins etc still nothing. Last night I did a factory reset on the device and it worked (although i had to change and connect all devices to default password in broadband)  

however tonight its failed again. Blue lights on broadband. Restart not done anything. Cannot connect via app.

its a complete joke. my heating is nest and the controller does not connect to WiFi so I cannot switch my heating on when it drops below 16 degrees. It’s minus six out side. There’s no rules on the box to block it (I assume that because it’s factory defaults) 

all of our tv is streamed, heating not working and bt do not have any out of hours support. 

Does anyone have any ideas? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband goes off every night @ 11:57pm

Have you tried with a different router?

If a reset helps, then someone or something is able to schedule your WiFi and lan to go down.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I don’t have a second router. As mentioned I’ve done a factory reset and it’s still happened. Prior to the factory reset I had changed the admin password. 

so unless some one has before my admin password and the factory one and now my brand new admin password, I don’t think someone is hacking is to block my internet for 7 hours a night. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@frankstar123 

Perhaps someone has access to your account, as its possible to change the access controls using the MyBT app? I think that is now the only way to alter those settings.

That would override anything you do on the home hub itself, because it directly controls the settings via the BT remote management system.

Try changing your account password.

If you are using the MyBT app yourself, make sure you have not set any access restrictions.

If all else fails, ask BT to send a replacement Smart Hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@frankstar123 

It may be worth looking at the home hub event log to see if there are any remote access requests from the BT management system, at just before the time when you lose access.

I think you can filter the results of the log just to show those events.

0 Ratings