cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Access Point

Hi all,

Can anyone shed any light on my current set up issue. Had a new BT Business Hub so I plugged that in as my main router on 192.168.1.254. I used my old Smart Hub as an access point so changed the Hub IP address etc and put it in the loft as I already had a ethernet connection in the loft for CCTV. Access point router wifi seems to work fine and CCTV is hardwired into the access point router and works fine. When I hardwire my work iMac into the access point router I can search the internet fine and playback on YouTube is fine but when it comes to emails all my email accounts come up with an error and therefore won't download. Same with a link I tried to click on, when I clicked on it it came up with a no internet connection error message. Really strange as the iMac clearly has a good internet connection. Is something stopping certain things from working?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Steve

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Access Point

@Shilton 

Are you a BT Business Customer?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@Keith_Beddoe 

Hi Keith,

Yes just about to switch over to BT Business on July 1st. 

Have 2 old BT Hubs set up as access points both set up the same and the one in the loft 192.168.1.63 works for browsing but not for receiving and sending emails? 

I'm just not sure what's preventing it from working 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@Shilton 

This is the BT Residential Forum.

It would be best to ask on the BT Business Forum.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings