cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Broadband WIFI cutting out overnight

nd after periods of inactivity. Is it going to sleep mode?
As soon as I touch the mouse/ keyboard on my fixed connection PC, WIFI resumes as normal.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Broadband WIFI cutting out overnight

the BT SH2 does not have a sleep mode but some previous hubs did so which hub version do you have

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Its says Smart Hub 2 from BT
Any good?

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

as I posted the SH2 does not have a sleep mode so reason for dropping must be something else

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

So, what could it be. What tests should I run?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

What other devices do you have on WiFi, if only the PC is showing the problem then it is likely to be the settings on the PC. My laptop can take a few seconds to re-establish WiFi after being left untouched for a while.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

The PC is hard wired to the modem - no problem there.

I have an iphone and an ipad and also the TV uses WIFI when needed. The iphone and ipad behave the same way: they seem to loose connection at some point (even though the WIFI signal is strong in the whole house) and when woken up, its failing to re-establish connection with the circle going round and round for many minutes.
When I get fed up waiting, walk down to the PC, do something - mouse move, 'return', etc, the connection comes back almost immediately.
Slightly annoying after a bath!
Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I think I would start with a full factory reset of the Hub, provided you have not changed any settings that should be quite simple:

How do I reset my BT Hub to its factory settings | BT Help

0 Ratings