cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT FULL FIBRE 900

Go to solution
Older routers may have underpowered CPUs which can't process PPPoE above 300Mbps - nothing to do with MTU settings.

Go to solution

@brookheather  What would you consider older routers? I have a Linksys AC5400. I got it in 2019. Currently I am getting an average of 437Mbit/s on what should be 900Mbit/s. Do you think it is becuase of the router? If not will changing MTU setting help? If the MTU settings will not help I was thinking of changing my router anyway as all of my equipment is based on unifi. I was looking at the unifi dream meachine pro. I am assuming that should be able to get the full speed?

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

What is the actual model number of the Linksys router - AC5400 is not the model - is it the EA9500?  Have you looked for any hardware acceleration options in the UI?  You may need to disable any QoS settings as the router cpu may be slower when it has to inspect the packets.  MTU has nothing to do with PPPoE performance which is what you are trying to improve.

Go to solution

@brookheather you are right it is the EA9500-UK. I can't find any hardware accelaration options and can't see anything on the internet about it. I also can't find any QOS settings but there is media prioritsation which I have switched off. I've done 3 speed tests and all have been around the 935Mbit/s mark so that seems to have done the trick. Thank you!

I am still thinking of changing to the unfi dream machine pro so I can manage the network fully, I am assuming this should be more than capable of dealing with the incoming 900Mbit/s?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

The UDM Pro will be more than sufficient.

Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

I thought as much. But thank you for the advice with my current router!

0 Ratings