Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Halo 2

I have a weird problem

i have BT full fibre 300

the speeds to the hub are good , as I can check when I connect via Ethernet

But when I use Microsoft teams , on Ethernet , it cuts off and disconnects the Ethernet connection.

BUT the WiFi still works and teams works when connected on WiFi , however the WiFi to my laptop is not good and I lose significant speed even though im 4 steps away . Furthermore, using teams on WiFi it struggles to upload screenshots when communicating with colleagues in work 

anyone else experience this and have a solution 

PS I called the helpline and they couldn’t help, before I call Back and request and engineer I would like to check here 

thanks in advance 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Halo 2

Have you tried a different ethernet cable?  And maybe connecting to a different port on the Hub?

Also, is the ethernet cable direct to the Hub, or going via powerline adapters?

Do the lights on the Hub change when the connection drops? (This would indicate whether the problem is with the broadband connection or your home network).

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

The Ethernet cable is brand new and is directly in and it works all other times

The WiFi still works ,it’s only Ethernet 

when back tomorrow I will check the lights 

Each time I change ports it works again , but the  same problem happens next time on teams. It must be hub related 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

The Ethernet cable is brand new and is directly in and it works all other times

Each time I change ports it works again , but the same problem happens next time on teams. It must be hub related

If it's only happening with Teams then I would try uninstalling and re-installing Teams.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Yes when back tomorrow 

in will do just that and also check with zoom 

thanks for your replies, I will let you know how it goes 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

However , it is highly unlikely this will be the solution as I use the same laptop ,

therefore teams in work and at my London home all Ethernet and never had this issue , only on the BT at my mothers house 

it looks like a BT engineer problem 

0 Ratings