Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT Hub and TV wifi connection

@srankin2002 

No mention of internet connection required here:

https://youtu.be/nGxM55bYzkk 

Message 12 of 19

Please see my comment re the difference between the TV settings in this video and mine, I do not have same menu in System as described in video, I don’t have System > advanced settings > Factory reset > Factory reset everything as explained here. Only Reset Menu option which then displays an internet connection required message. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

I suspect that you're looking in the wrong area for the reset option.

How To Reset JVC TV With and Without Remote [2022]
You don’t always need to get professional help for fixing minor TV issues, and knowing how to restore your JVC TV to its default settings can actually save you a lot of time and money. Here’s how you can restore your JVC television to factory settings. 

Factory Reset JVC TV With Remote
First of all, turn on your JVC TV using the remote.
Now press the “Menu” button on the remote. A list of options will appear on your TV screen.
Select the “Setting/Gear Icon” option from the menu and press “OK” on the remote.
Note: You can also press the “Home” button on your remote and select the “Settings” option that is typically present in the lower-left corner of the home screen of your JVC TV.

Scroll down and select the “Storage & Reset” option in the settings, and press “OK.”
In the sub-menu, you will find two options;
Reset [will clear the storage] Factory data reset. [will wipe all data and bring it to original factory settings]
Select the “Factory data reset” option and press “OK” to confirm.
Once you confirm the factory reset, the reset will initiate, and it’ll remove all data from your JVC TV.
After a reboot, your TV will be reset, it’ll be restored to its default settings, and you will need to set it up just like your brand new TV.

How To Reset JVC TV With and Without Remote [2022] (thetechmamba.com)

Message 14 of 19

Can’t see any IP address: network setting screen before I scan for networks says “Not Connected MAC: cc:d3:c1:5d:77:c2 WLAN”
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Smart TVs are usually work best if directly connected to the BT Home Hub using an Ethernet cable, or Powerline adapters. Wireless connections are not normally reliable enough, especially if you are using a wireless extender.

See https://shop.bt.com/products/bt-broadband-extender-flex-600-kit-084285-BVFK.html

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

What's the model number of the TV?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

JVC - LT-32C600 32" Smart HD Ready LED TV
Product code 286142
with JVC RM-C3338 remote
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Currys have licensed the JVC name to stick on their own brand TVs, so generic JVC options may not work. Try page 54 of the manual here.

Message 19 of 19

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

Smart TVs are usually work best if directly connected to the BT Home Hub using an Ethernet cable, or Powerline adapters. Wireless connections are not normally reliable enough, especially if you are using a wireless extender.

See https://shop.bt.com/products/bt-broadband-extender-flex-600-kit-084285-BVFK.html

Neither of our two Smart TVs (one Samsung and the other a Sony) have ever been connected via ethernet as the Hub is in the hall, some distance from either TV.

0 Ratings