cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Mini Connectors - not connecting with hub and Data light not on.

Hi, I have a pair of BT Mini Connectors that have been in the same place for years. Never a problem and very reliable until about a month ago - the ethernet light would stay on and blue colour but the data light went off. This happened on both connectors.

I unplugged and reset them, and they worked again for a couple of weeks until the same problem happened again. I unplugged and reset them and they worked again for a couple of days and the same problem appeared. 

I thought perhaps that the connectors had reached the end of their lives and I replaced them with another pair - like for like. They worked for about an hour before they experienced the same problem. I'm now thinking that the original Mini Connectors were not the fault. 

The symptoms are - blue power light on both, ethernet light is on and blue on both, but no light on either connector for the Data. Both connectors plugged directly into a wall socket (no extension lead) and BT Broadband hub connected and working (all wifi devices in the house are connected and working). If I plug an ethernet cable directly from the Broadband hub to the BT TV box it works fine - but not via the mini connectors. I even did the line checker to see if there was an external fault but all ok. 

I've looked up as much as I can on the internet but unable to find an answer. I'm now stuck and need some help. Has anyone else experienced this problem and found the solution?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Mini Connectors - not connecting with hub and Data light not on.

@Holan 

Have you followed the help on this page https://www.bt.com/help/tv/getting-set-up/setting-up-bt-tv/bt-mini-connectors-for-bt-tv

Have you tried replacing the Ethernet cable from the mini connector to the BT TV box?

Also make sure they the locking clips on all of the Ethernet cables are intact, and the cables are clicked in place and cannot be removed without depressing the clip. Its not uncommon for these clips to break, and without them, you will not get a good Ethernet connection.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi, 

I've followed the instructions and help linked already but no success.

I've tried new cables at each end as well but again no luck. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@Holan 

All I can suggest would be a factory reset of the home hub to clear out any old IP assignments, as it may have run out of internal connections.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Litteraly ssme how do I fix it
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Did you get them working ?

If you did can you help me as have the same problem thanks

0 Ratings