cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Bad Gaming Experience FC24

Hi everyone I'm on Full Fibre 500.

I have a PS5 using a cat 8 ethernet cable, and my experience every single game is grim. 

My gameplay has input delay very slow it's just awful. Every single game feels different in a bad way I have to compensate when I play all the time even with a solid set up. 

I'm 99% if the time matched with players in Netherlands, Germany and France. Always a bad experience. 

I've been on with Playstation and they are looking in to it.

However played a guy today in United Kingdom I think local to me too as we where using the same club team, a horrible experience. I won but the gameplay was very slow plus visual lag on screen. 

I want to ask, is this something to do with the package I'm on? a router setting? a BT issue? everything else seems to be fine in my network connection. But I'm looking at maybe going with a different ISP if this can't be sorted. 

I currently have

- default firewall 

- Wired connection

- UPnP off and additional security off. 

-DMZ off

I've tried 100's of different combinations with these settings on and off and even default firewall off nothing helps. 

Thank you for any help. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bad Gaming Experience FC24

Hi mate,
I was having the same issue with Xbox series X, tried every setting under the sun. I upgraded my package and got new cables for hard wired connection nothing worked.

decided to get a cheap third party router and it’s completely fixed the issue! 
I went with the Tp- link archer ax1500, £45. This is compatible with full fibre and plugs directly into the ONT (providing you don’t want to use a land line).

This has allowed me to enable Qos and prioritise the bandwidth for the Xbox. It also helps that the router provides two SSIDs so the Xbox can be hard wired and utilise the 5ghz SSID.

hope that helps 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bad Gaming Experience FC24

Are you using a cable direct to router, or via powerline adapters? On a FF500 plan, you should not be having any issues. 

0 Ratings