cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Banham CCTV problems and the BT Hub 2 for BT Infinity

I have a CCTV system, which I know is working and the cable that comes from the CCTV control box is live and working.

Since I have upgraded to BT Infinity, I cannot get the access to CCTV cameras on my mobile. It worked perfectly with it's predecessor.

The feed from my CCTV plugs directly into port 2 on my BT Hub for BT Infinity. The CCTV company told me after much head scratching (because they couldn't fix it) that the BT hub was faulty and ports 2 & 3 didn't work. So I replaced the BT Hub and I have exactly the same problem all over again.

I phoned BT technical help today and they said they weren't trained in solving this problem and referred me back to the CCTV system company.

How can I move forward from here please? I cannot be the pioneer with this problem!

Appreciate any help please!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Banham CCTV problems and the BT Hub 2 for BT Infinity

What did you upgrade from?

How are you accessing the camera, by it's IP address or hostname?

Are you trying to access it using WiFi or 4G on your phone?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your response. Bear with me as all this stuff is witchcraft for my vintage, so I apologise in advance for my answer.

I upgraded to fibre from whatever BT’s fastest residential copper service was. The problem started following a changeover from one of BT’s smart hubs (type A).

The cameras themselves plug into a Banham supplied desktop box and the cable I mentioned in my earlier message goes directly from that through the house and is currently plugged into port 2 of the BT Hub 2.

I was able to access the feed to each of the cameras through Wi-Fi or with 4G/5G previously, but I can’t now.

Appreciate any further guidance you might be able to give me.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Most likely the CCTV company changed the IP range on your old BT Hub when they installed the system, best to call them out and have them do a re-setup.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thank you for your kind response

0 Ratings