cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Bridging wired to WiFi networks on SmartHub2

Go to solution

OK, I may well be missing something obvious here.....

How do I connect/bridge between a PC on the wired network of the SmartHub2 with a laptop (or any device) connected to the WiFi network?

No shares/devices are visible from one side to the other.

I don't particularly want to WiFi every device, so there must be a way to do it.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Bridging wired to WiFi networks on SmartHub2

Go to solution

The hub provides your LAN. Would you not need to use the sharing options on the relevant devices? For example my wife and I can access folders on our respective machines set up using MAC OS. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Its nothing to do with wired to wireless connectivity, as @stevebrass  has said, it is the sharing options on your devices.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Is everything connected to the SH2? If so then as above, connectivity is all taken care of in the router. Have a look at this for Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/file-sharing-over-a-network-in-windows-10-b58704b2-f53a-...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

You'd have thought so, but everything on the sharing options/security is fine in the Windows/OS setup to allow sharing.

It's behaving as if traffic is being blocked between the two devices (ping timeouts/destination not found).

So, unless the new BT securuty package is blocking traffic somewhere (as if......).

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Again, is the SH2 the only networking device?

Is this something that's just started happening or has it always been an issue?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Check all your devices have IP addresses in the 192.168.1.xxx range

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

There is no other network hub/device.

The wired connection goes via Powerline into the SH2, wireless devices connect to the SH2 wifi network.

When the laptop was built, it was on the wire and there were no issues. This is the first time, since it's been on WiFi , that there's been a need to share between the devices.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution
They do.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

As @licquorice said, check the IP addresses of all devices. They should be identical bar the last set of digits, including subnet & gateway.

0 Ratings