cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Bt homehub 2 Bridge mode

Hi I'm due to upgrade to fttp soon and I've got my homehub 2. I Currently have 7 linksys tri band mesh routers hardwired around the house through cat 6. Can I set my homehub 2 to bridge mode to my mesh set up or will I need another router with option 61?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Bt homehub 2 Bridge mode

The homehub doesn't have a bridge mode, there would be no advantage if it did. If you don't require Digital Voice, you don't need the hub at all, just connect your router to the ONT . If it did have a bridge mode, by definition it wouldn't then be able to be used for DV as the IP layer wouldn't be accessible.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Thanks for your reply the linksys mesh routers have rj45 but no wan for what I know
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

LinksysVelop02.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

@Jim333 wrote:
Thanks for your reply the linksys mesh routers have rj45 but no wan for what I know

I have no idea about the linksys devices, but if they don't have a WAN port, there would be no point in a bridge mode for the SH2 in any case.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Are you sure one of the devices is a router or are they just mesh wireless access points.

BT don't use option61 BTW, they use PPPoE

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Each node is both a router and an access point using the same ssid and one set as the parent 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

You can't have more than 1 router.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Jim333 did you get your network sorted?

I am due to go live tomorrow on 900 Fibre.

Currently I have Asus Mesh in Access Point mode as they are connected to the VDSL modem router (which has it WiFi turned off).

While I should be able to connect the Asus Mesh directly to the ONT, I'm planning to keep them in AP mode.

I think I can afford the electric bill for the hub.

0 Ratings