cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 27

Re: Bt hub

You wouldn't have been able to do it by accident, and it is not done on the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 27

when i look on my hub to see whats connected ive got a mixture of static ips and (DHCP) and to prove that there is nothing wrong with the ethernet cable ive got running to my bedroom ive plugged a 5 port netgear switch into to port 3 on my hub and then it shows up on my firestick upstairs that it is connected to the ethernet cable its so weired
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 13 of 27

Factory reset the hub and then switch Smart Setup again, the hub may be new but that doesn't mean it's above suspicion

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 14 of 27

Is it the devices with a static IP connection that are not working?

TalkTalk default gateway is 192.168.1.1, BT use 192.168.1.254

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 27

But that would need to be set on the devices though.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 16 of 27

Yeah but that makes it easier to fix. Just forget network connection on the device and go for a new DHCP address

Message 17 of 27

True

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 27

is there a step by step guide in to doing this as ive had about 12 yrs with talktalk but very little experience with BT ive only had it since 15th.......
many thanks
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 19 of 27

If it is the devices with static IP that you are having a problem with then you will need to dig out the user manual for each of those devices as the changes need to be made on them.

As a rule of thumb, if one of the devices is a TV, you will proceed as below

Enter Setup, Find Network Settings, Tell it to forget whatever settings it's currently using & go for an automatically assigned (DHCP) address. Sorry but that's the downside of Static IP, it requires a measure of technical know how when things go wrong as different devices do the same thing in different ways

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 27

still no joy ive done a factory reset still no joy ive changed the ethernet cable plugged it in and it worked but as soon as i connected something else to the hub it dropped the connection for upstairs agian im beggining to wonder if this was a bad move moving to bt i never had this problem when i was with talktalk

0 Ratings