cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Can you use BT Black Disks and a TP-Link AV1300 Passthrough Power line with a Home hub would that wo

Hi 

I have a Halo 1 and have a BT Home HUB, with three WIFI disks currently set out around the house.  I would like to replace one or more of the Disks as I keep getting wifi disconnect with a TP-Link AV1300 Passthrough Power line.  If I do this will the BT Disks work along side the TP-Link AV1300 Passthrough Power line.  Basically the living room has poor wifi speed and updstairs.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Can you use BT Black Disks and a TP-Link AV1300 Passthrough Power line with a Home hub would tha

Yes, you will just have 2 networks.

I currently have 1 black disc and 3 powerline WiFi hotspots.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Re: Can you use BT Black Disks and a TP-Link AV1300 Passthrough Power line with a Home hub would tha

Hi

And all is working fine do you get good wifi speeds.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Yes

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Sorry last question.

So i could purchase two pairs of TP-Link AV1300 Passthrough Power line, set up one pair for living room and one pair for upstairs with the Black BT disk remaining in the kitchen

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

You can't use 2 pairs of powerline adapters. You have one primary connected to the router and multiple secondaries where you require them.

You just need to buy a multi pack set.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

ok thanks do you have any suggestions of locations to purchase multipack set, currently i have ordered this : 

TP-Link AV1300 Gigabit Passthrough Powerline ac Wi-Fi Kit,up to 1200 Mbps WiFi speed,Wi-Fi Extender,Extra Power Socket,Works with OneMesh,No Configuration Required,UK Plug (TL-WPA8631P KIT),White

which has two units.  If as you suggest I need another secondary unit what would i need to get.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Please delete the link as it breaks forum rules. You just need another of the item on the right. You will need to investigate the item code.

Have a look on the TP link site

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Thank you.

0 Ratings