cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Cannot change channels SH2

Hi,

I cannot change the channels for the 2.4 or 5ghz channels from anything other than the SMART selection.

The SH2 picks channels 11 (2.4) and 36 (5ghz)  but if you change that to fixed, I want to use Channel 1 and 44 respectively, the password for the wifi changes, and you simply cannot login and the only solution is to factory reset. 

Any ideas whats going on ? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Cannot change channels SH2

have you not posted about this already?

I would factory reset the hub using recessed button on back and hold for 20/30 secs until lights flash.

I would then use an ethernet cable to connect to hub and then make changes to the hub wifi and password .  by using ethernet the wifi changes will not disconnect you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Using an Ethernet cable is not an option, as there is no Ethernet port on the PC, or any other device in the house.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I have never had the problem you describe when changing the SSID or wifi password or channels.  if you are only changing the wifi channels then on saving the hub does not restart and your wifi device should remain connected as if nothing happened.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

You cannot change the SSID on the SH2 , only the wifi password or channels. 

Changing the password disconnects the hub from the PC as the password changes, and you need to re-enter the wifi password into the PC. I do that separately, and that works fine. 

But changing the channels just simply won't work.  It disconnects , and then asks for a password that is unknown. Its not the factory password or the one I change it to. 

I know someone here said about changing it, but I was told i'd get a SH1 sent out twice by BT and all the ever did was send me the bag to return the router. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

There is something wrong with your hub.

You can change SSID, password or channel all independently on the SH2

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Do I have a newer model then the SH2 then ? Because you simply cannot change the SSID and BT have said as much. Thats why they offered me a different one where you could change it, as it's something I wanted to do.

But as for the hub not working right, I think that is the case. So I need to "attempt" to get BT to change it. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

BT are telling you nonsense. You can change the SSID, what you can't do is give the 2 bands different SSIDs

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Ah sorry no, that's my misunderstanding, I meant renaming the 2 bands to different SSID's not just the SSID for both.

My bad. 

0 Ratings