cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Changing to new hub 2

Go to solution

Hi all, I have been using a tenda nova mesh system for my home wifi successfully, for a few years now. I have my bt home hub 6 set up in bridge mode, and wireless switched off. This was set up to improve the WiFi  signal around my home. To keep things simple, I have been using the home hub password for my Tenda mesh system.

I'm now changing soon to fttp and this will require me to use a new BT smart Hub 2.

I'm concerned that I will lose my connection to my mesh system, and all the devices that connect to it, because the password on the new smart hub 2,  will be different to the password I use at the moment.

Am I worrying unnecessarily, or is there an easy fix, to set the new hub to the password I'm presently using?

I rely on the existing setup for my smart heating  and other smart devices.

Any help appreciated!

Archie

"Once in Africa I lost the corkscrew and we were forced to live off food and water for weeks." -Ernest Hemingway
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Changing to new hub 2

Go to solution

Don't see where the problem lies. You are not using the hub wifi, so it matters not what the Tenda password is. In any event, you can simply change the new hub password if you wish.

You don't have it set in bridge mode by the way. No residential BT hubs have a bridge mode.

Unless you require Digital Voice, there is no need to use a hub at all with FTTP, you can connect your mesh system directly to the ONT.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the help. I will require the hub for Digital voice.
It's been so long since I set up the tenda mesh system that I was very worried that I'd have to set up all the connected devices again.
I assumed that because wifi was switched to off at the hub I'm using, that it was in bridge mode, sorry.
Will I only need to connect the tenda base by cable to the new Hub2 for the smart devices to reconnect to my setup? Having checked the Tenda app settings I can see it's Tenda that's set to bridge mode!
Thanks
Archie

"Once in Africa I lost the corkscrew and we were forced to live off food and water for weeks." -Ernest Hemingway
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Yes, simply replicate what you have done with your current hub, the Tenda will be unaware of the change.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks so much for your help, I was a worried man!
I checked the Tenda app , it's Tenda that's set to bridge mode!
Thanks again
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I notice you said that the BT home hub is not required at all and We can connect the nova directly to the fibre box.

I did try this and it didn't work.

Do I need to use ppoe mode for this?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Yes

username bthomehub@btbroadband.com

password BT

0 Ratings