cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 34

Re: Connecting cctv

Its possible the hub is faulty. Try calling customer services 0800 800150 and ask for a replacement hub.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 34

I contacted amazon tech support they think the camera maybe faulty.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 34

There is something definitely wrong with the hub if you can't access Smart setup to turn it off. If the camera was working previously and the only change you have made is changing router, it would seem more likely that that is where the fault lies.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 34

Yes I can give them a call thanks

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 34

I eventually  found smart setup when I went on my laptop and switched it off.It does not come up on my phone. It didn't  cure my problem. I contacted bt after a bit of feeling around they said bt hub 2 cannot split 2.4ghz and 5ghz automatically.Also cannot be done manually  successfully. So free of charge they are sending another hub with the same package  as hub 2 that should work with ip cctv.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 34

Hi @Steviejay1959 and thanks for posting.

I'd be very interested to know if the new hub sorts this so please post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 34

@Steviejay1959 wrote:

I contacted bt after a bit of feeling around they said bt hub 2 cannot split 2.4ghz and 5ghz automatically.Also cannot be done manually  successfully. So free of charge they are sending another hub with the same package  as hub 2 that should work with ip cctv.

Some devices do seem to have a problem with both bands having the same SSID, but I don't recall any cameras having a problem. You can always try turning off the 5Ghz wifi and see if the camera connects ok.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 34

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 34

That was the first resetting  I did last week wasn't  a success due to the fact it is not a success  doing it manually.I also tried today  since they did a bit tweaking with the hub yesterday.The whole problem bt hub 2 can't  handle camera's  that need Internet connect before wfi.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 34

@Steviejay1959 wrote:

The whole problem bt hub 2 can't  handle camera's  that need Internet connect before wfi.

???? How can you connect to the internet before connecting to wifi?

0 Ratings