cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Connection dropping

Hello,

I need some help. My connection keeps dropping out around the house. I have BT Halo with three discs around the house. An engineer has been out and set the discs up in the optimum places. The router seems to be connected but the connection keeps dropping out which is causing havoc with everything that needs a broadband connection. How can I resolve this? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Connection dropping

What sort of Broadband do you have, FTTP, FTTC, VDSL? What model of router BT Smart Hub 2? What is dropping, the WiFi, or the Broadband?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

if your hub stays connected (blue light) then problem is your wifi.  have you tried changing the wifi channels in your SH2 from smart/auto to a fixed channel?  if you have SKYQ which uses channel 36 then select a different 5ghz channel say 48 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @mrmachiatto and welcome to our community.

Sorry you're having problems with your connection dropping. If you can post the information mentioned by @countrypaul and @imjolly I'm sure we'll be able to give you some advice.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hello, thanks for the help. I’ve changed the channel to 48 and I’ve not noticed a difference. However, I can no longer log into the hub to change any settings. Last night we couldn’t connect anything to the WiFi at all. The light on the router and all the discs is blue but devices keep dropping off. A very frustrating situation. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @mrmachiatto,

I'm sorry to see that you couldn't connect to your WiFi after changing your channels. If that happens again, when your testing which channels work best, you can reset your Smart Hub to factory settings. There's a recessed pinhole on the back that you need to press in and hold for 20 seconds. Can you try that if you still can't get connect to your WiFi?

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings