cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Deco M4 and Full Fibre 500

Go to solution

I am expecting FTTP 500mb to be installed at my property and I believe I will get a BT Smart Hub 2 as part of my installation.

I struggle with WiFi in my house so I have installed a Deco M4 mesh system which is connected to my Broadband 80mb by a cable and I have turned off the WiFi on the TalkTalk router. 

My question is do I need to use the BT Smart Hub at all ?  I will not be using a digital phone.

Appreciate any advice/comments. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Deco M4 and Full Fibre 500

Go to solution

If you are not using BT digital voice then yes you can keep the BT Smart Hub 2 in it's box. You will need to send it back if you move provider though so don't chuck it out.

You just need to connect the ethernet cable from the ONT's LAN port to the WAN port of the Deco and setup a PPPoE connect 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

As has been posted countless times on the forum, no, you don't need to use the BT hub if you do not intend to use Digital Voice

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks Both. I did try to search but struggled to find a definitive solution.  Are there any specific details/settings I need for setting up the PPPoE connection ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Username bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Password BT

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
What speeds are you getting with the Deco connected directly to the ONT? I've just upgraded to full fibre 500 and can't get over 150Mb/s without using the smart hub.
0 Ratings