cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Dropped wifi

I would appreciate some help with how to proceed as all I seem to be doing is going round in circles.

Late in May I started to have issues with my wifi dropping. I would show that I was connected but no wifi, sometimes for very short periods sometimes longer. This showed on my devices as loss of signal. Hub and discs all stayed blue showing they were connected.

Bt have done the following, checked at their end by running diagnostics, resetting router, checking hub settings, moving discs, resetting devices etc etc etc.

Openreach have, removed battery from their equipment and replaced their equipment.

Bt replaced hub and when set up that made no difference. Qube engineer said that all was well as far as her tests and diagnostics showed. Home tech engineer has said the same. My package was changed to Halo3 and it has only worked for 3 days. Now I am back to exactly where I was nearly two months ago. An open reach engineer is due tomorrow. What do I say to them as I suspect all they will say is 'nothing wrong at our end' !!

Everything worked well till May and to my knowledge nothing in my property has changed.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Dropped wifi

Compared with other routers I have found the Wi-Fi performance of the SH2 poor and unreliable with connection issues happening every few months. I am suspicious of firmware upgrades as being the culprit but not being able to split the 2.4 / 5 GHz bands is a limitation.

If you are having similar issues, for a cheap and effective option, I would repurpose a router as a wired access point. It’s easy to do and it will allow you to to confirm or otherwise that the issue lies with the Wi-Fi performance of the SH2.

Google “repurpose router as wifi extender” and read a couple of guides (there is an excellent thread on the AV forums too) for details.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank you I will seek help from a more tech savvy friend.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Read a few of the guides and you will see that it is a very easy process.

0 Ratings