cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Dynamic DNS issue with NOIP.com and SmartHub 2

Go to solution

I've used NOIP.com's DDNS service with my SmartHub 2 for some years now.  At some point it has stopped handling changes of external IP address.  If I power cycle the SmartHub, it comes up with a new IP address (of course, because I don't have a static IP), and my DDNS name resolves correctly to the new address.  This shows that (a) my credentials stored in the SmartHub are correct; (b) the SmartHub can negotiate correctly with noip.com.

However, BT keep assigning me new IP addresses.  When the address changes, the address that my DDNS name resolves to does not change.

Also, clicking the Refresh button on the SmartHub's DDNS page does not cause the address to update - and it doesn't even put an entry in the event log.

Anyone know what's wrong?  Is this a result of a SmartHub firmware update?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Dynamic DNS issue with NOIP.com and SmartHub 2

Go to solution

This may be a NOIP.com issue, here's a recent link to a similar issue affecting Asus Router users
EXTERNAL LINK
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ax6000-not-updating-ddns-after-wan-ip-change.86016/ *

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks, but although the symptoms look identical, I can't see any such setting in the SH2.

I notice this morning that my external IP address has changed, and DDNS already points to the new address without any intervention from me, so either the problem is intermittent or it has gone away.  We'll see.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

There have been a couple of changes of external IP address since my original posting, and DDNS still appears to work, so I'll have to assume that the probem was temporary.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @DavidH7 . It sounds like this has sorted itself out. Post back if there are any problems.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings