cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

EE Merger

Go to solution

My broadband account merged with EE broadband this morning. Now I can only connect to a EE WiFi unsecured network. Is anyone else having this problem?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: EE Merger

Go to solution

@DCarruthers I'm not sure what you mean by merged, have you ordered New EE broadband and it's not working? The BT WiFi hotspots are being renamed to EE WiFi but work in exactly the same way. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Neil,

on my available networks I no longer have the hub SSID being broadcast. I have EE WiFi and EE WiFi-X. The -X looks to be the only secured network and I can’t connect to this. 

I can connect to the unsecured network. 

Hope this makes sense?

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

have you tried the usual switch hub off and then on again after say 20/30 seconds

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

The -x is now for Ee/BT engineers only we mere mortal can't log into it. EE Wifi doesn't work with the BT WIFI app. If you try to log into EE WIFI it brings up a log in landing page where you can select EE or BT Broadband customer and then if you have BT BB use your BT ID details to log in.

See this post for more info / discussions on this BT to EE WIFI 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

@DCarruthers I understand, you haven't been merged with EE then. Try the Hub reset that @imjolly mentioned and let us know if that helps.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Addy,

Thanks for the reply. So is it correct that my Hub6 will no longer broadcast the default BT SSID that I had previously connected to?
David 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Neil,

Ive now restarted my hub 3 times. The original SSID isn’t available, just the EE WiFI one. 
David

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

No, the hub SSID is entirely different and will continue to be broadcast, there appears to be a fault with your hub.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

It's not clear if you are referring to the Hub's own SSID or the BT WiFi SSID

0 Ratings