cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Every few months unable to connect to Google Maps or my timeline via BT Broadband

My W10 laptop is fully up to date along with Google Chrome. I access GoogleMaps via Chrome and use its timeline to see where I have been during the day using its tracking. 

Every few months I am unable to connect to Google Maps or my timeline yet I can connect to any other web site I choose to visit on the same Chrome Brower and same BT wi fi.

Edge doesn’t connect to Google Maps either.

However if I tether my laptop to my iPhone and connect to the internet via Vodafone’s data then Google Maps and timeline connects and works perfectly.

I can only assume that between BT’s broadband and google maps there’s a routing problem, which rears its head every once in a while then clears a few days later

Can anyone explain this one?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Every few months unable to connect to Google Maps or my timeline via BT Broadband

Only thing I can personally think of is it might be a block of IP's in your area are blocked from accessing it for some reason. bt ip's aren't static so it might be you're getting assigned one of them every now and then. you can force a reset of the ip on your hub by unplugging the power cable for 3-4 minutes. might be worth a try next time it happens.

-Jade