cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Extending WIFI to garage

Go to solution

I've FTTP with the 3 discs to get WIFI to he whole house. I need to extend my WIFI to the garage (current WIFI signal won't reach). Can I use the old WIFI booster discs I used before I got FTTP (BT WholeHome 8N2?  Many thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Extending WIFI to garage

Go to solution

Search the forum for "garden", as this is usually answered in response to a garden room or office query.

But if the current discs won't reach neither will the Whole Home.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Many thanks for the response. Actually I meant to say, are the old BT WholeHome discs compatible with the newer discs provided with the fibre set up? If so, my idea was to try and add them to the system to extend the range to my garage.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

You'd be better off drilling a hole and putting ethernet in, even if it is to span just the two buildings. Not always 'easy' but, usually not impossible if you feel confident with some drills and wall-filler should you f-it-up 🙂

Once you have ethernet connecting, you could connect one of the black disks to ethernet at the back, cable to the garage, then connect another black disk to ethernet at that end, extending the Wi-Fi reliably with no signal drop.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
If, by "the newer discs provided with the fibre setup" you mean the "Complete Wifi" black discs that add onto the BT Smarthub 2, then no, the white Wholehome WiFi discs cannot be added to this system.
However, you could stop using the black discs and instead attach one white Wholehome disc by ethernet cable to your SH2 and then deploy up to five add-on white discs to get the coverage you require. I have 4 such discs with the 4th one added to get coverage in my garage
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Many thanks.
0 Ratings