cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Fibre not working

9B2E9292-2FB2-4924-8388-0411E4FBEEBD.jpeg

So, we pay for the full fibre which was working fine until a week ago when we had a different company (cannot remember the name) come down the street to fit “fibre optic cables” which were already here but now we have already had a BT technician out and they have said that the other company have cut the cables so they will need to be replaced.

A few days ago we were told they had been replaced but they have not been properly connected (which i can’t quite figure out why you would lay cable and not connect it but that’s fine I guess) so we have been told they would need to come out and connect them. Fair enough right?

We are now three days later and they still haven’t done anything to it at all and are constantly telling us that they will show up “tomorrow” which they never do. 
We are now 10 days without our full Wi-Fi speed. 
The picture above is our Wi-Fi on the “full speed fibre” package

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fibre not working

If the fibre cable was cut by another company it is up to them and Openreach to restore the connection. I suggest that you contact the offending company and complain to them.

You should however try connecting to your BT Smarthub by an Ethernet cable and run a speed test to establish if there is actually a problem with the connection or if the problem is a wireless problem which will have nothing to do with the cable being cut.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Just tested via Ethernet and it’s barely any faster 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

if you have FTTP - fibre to the home - what lights are shown on openreach modem ONT - and colour?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

If BT or Openreach have already sent out an engineer as a result of you having reported the fault, it would suggest that they are accepting that they will affect the repair. 

You should call BT 0800.800.150 and report that there is still a serious problem.

If you still get no joy from them post back to see what further can be done.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

We have been told that an OpenReach engineer is coming out tomorrow so we’ll see what happens I’ll keep you posted 

0 Ratings