cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 23

Re: Fibre to the premises 800Mps all devices connect to BT hub but not all devices get broadband

I don't use Windows so can't comment on the PPPoe. For an Apple Mac, got to system preferences, network, create a location (call it what you wish),click on ethernet, configure select pppoe, complete login boxes.

Having said all that, I feel pretty sure that this is an issue with your devices when connecting through wifi to the BT Hub. 

Do all your devices exhibit the same behaviour when connected via wifi? Can you start with one device, then add another and so on and so identify at which point/which device the issue starts.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 23

Re: Fibre to the premises 800Mps all devices connect to BT hub but not all devices get broadband

Ok, I will try with Apple MacBook Pro.

regarding Wi-Fi connection the problem also occurs when connected with cable to the router. All devices connect correctly to router only some do not receive internet.

How do you explain the following observations.

1. The higher the optical speed the slower the internet pages open.

At 800Mps pages can take up to 10secs to open.

At 400Mps pages take up to 4secs to open 

At 100mps pages open almost instantly.

2. The higher the speed less devices connect to internet 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 23

Are you re-starting you W7 machine between uses or just putting it to sleep and waking it up again? W7 networking was a bit flaky in that regard

0 Ratings