cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 28

Frequency issue smart hub 2

Hi, 

I can't connect to printer due to frequency issue, HP printer using 2.4 Ghz. This should be a dual broadband frequency smart hub right? Any ideas what to do? I tried the rescan with no joy. 

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

Re: Frequency issue smart hub 2

Hi @TJcolt   Try turning off the 5 GHz band, connect the printer and then turn it back on. In situations like this, I find it helps to fix the channel rather than using smart channels.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 28

Thanks. Done this. Still having the issue. It's connected but not connected. And not across devices. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 28

Reset the printer back to factory setting and  ensure SH2 5GHZ wifi is turned off

Then try and set up your wireless connection from start and printer should connect without a problem. Once connected then turn 5ghz back on and printer should be fine

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 28

Are you sure the printer is set as a network printer rather than trying to connect to it in ad-hoc mode. If in ad-hoc mode, your devices need to be operating on the same band as the printer, 2.4Ghz. If the device trying to print is connected to the hub at 5Ghz you won't be able to print directly to the printer in ad-hoc mode. Turning off the 5Ghz forces your device onto the 2.4Ghz band.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 28

Spoiler

Still not finding network. I might contact BT. Broadband is working fine. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 28

You might as well contact the man in the moon, BT won't be able to help.

Has the printer worked previously and stopped working or has it never worked?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 28

The printer is fine and worked on all previous networks. 

BT are telling me to turn off 5.0 Ghz and reboot hub. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 28

Did you factory reset the printer before trying to connect?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 28

Yes. Unplugged. Although BT are now saying there's a network problem and fix by openreach. Although I can't see how that fixes device connectivity. 

0 Ratings