cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 28

Re: Frequency issue smart hub 2

@HHGTTG You can turn it off but you can't give it a different SSID.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 28

@TJcolt wrote:

All devices need to be on same network as far as I'm aware. 

All devices will be on the same network regardless of whether connected via Ethernet, 2.5Ghz wifi or 5Ghz wifi.

Perhaps if you were to answer some  of the questions posed we might be able to help further.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 28

Can one change the SSID then so that it applies to both bands?

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 28

Of course

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 28

I've been advised the bands need to be separated. I assumed I could turn 5.0 Ghz off. Is that not the same thing? 

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 28

Separating the bands means giving each band a different SSID, this is not possible with the SH2. Turning off the 5Ghz band will have the same effect.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 28

According to HP+ printer setup (HP Smart app) | HP® Customer Support it would seem that the HP+ app isn't doing it's job as it's supposed to so it might be worth contacting them about the issue

What is HP+? Embedded in select HP printers, you get all the innovation included with standard print hardware plus exclusive solutions and incentives that include:

• An extended HP warranty for additional peace of mind.

• 6 months of HP Instant Ink cartridges delivered to your door before you ever run out. After 6 months, a monthly fee is charged automatically unless canceled.

• Connected cloud printing that automatically detects and fixes connectivity issues.

• Premium print and scan tools enabled in the HP Smart app.

• For every page printed with HP+, HP Forest First protects or restores forests in equal measure.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 28

HP have broken the app and drivers for some of their printers on several occasions over the last few years.

If you only want to connect to the printer on a single band, you can turn the band you don't want off on the printer.  It's still not going to stop the auto-off after 2 hours of inactivity as that's a feature🤣

My SmartTank 550 plus is the best and the worst printer I've ever owned!  4-5 years since buying it, I'm still using the Black ink that was supplied with it after some 14,000 pages, and I've only just broken into a replacement set of coloured ink bottles, but I did have to replace the heads!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings