cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Full Fibre 500 with BT Halo 3

Full Fibre 500 with BT Halo 3 recently installed now I live in a small semi bungalow if I have my laptop next to the router I get 305down and 68 up move 15ft away and I get 30 and24  move slightly further and closer to the wi-fi disc that is showing blue and connection good according to the app I get 33 and 25 and that is where my main computer is why the massive drop in speed can anyone help before I contact BT  

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Full Fibre 500 with BT Halo 3

@WeeMalky1 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

You are never going to get the full speed on wireless, and no ISP, including BT, will guarantee wireless speed, only the speed on a fast computer directly connected to an Ethernet port on the home hub.

Connection to the discs  are still over wireless.

You are unlikely to get anything like the full speed over wireless, on a single device.

It was never intended that people get full speed on all devices, especially on a wireless connection. The intention is to allow that bandwidth to be shared among family members and multiple devices, without each user noticing any slowdown.

Here is a quote from old post by @SeanD  on 18/06/2021

"I think for the first time ever we are in a situation whereby the speed you can now get through Full Fibre outperforms the capabilities of many devices.  

The Smart hub 2 does not come with Wi-Fi 6 but this is something we are looking to include in our next generation of Hub.  I don't have any info as to when we will launch a new router by Wi-Fi 6 will bring some improvement.

As an example of what I mean in terms of devices not being able to support the full breadth of speed available on Full Fibre , take a look at the table below.  This is just for a couple of Apple Smart Phones and Tablets along with  popular Samsung models,

Apple (Smartphones) Dualband (2.4 & 5Ghz) Theoretical Max speed on 2.4Ghz connection Theoretical Max speed on 5Ghz connection
IPHONE SE Yes 60mbps 300mbps
IPHONE SE 2020 Yes 135mbps

600mbps

Samsung (Smartphones) Dualband (2.4 & 5Ghz) Theoretical Max speed on 2.4Ghz connection Theoretical Max speed on 5Ghz connection
galaxy-s10e Yes 135mbps 600mbps
galaxy-s10-5g Yes 135mbps 600mbps

Apple (Tablets) Dualband (2.4 & 5Ghz) Theoretical Max speed on 2.4Ghz connection Theoretical Max speed on 5Ghz connection
IPAD pro 3rd gen (Nov 2018) Yes 135mbps 600mbps
IPAD pro 4th gen (March 2020) Yes 135mbps 600mbps

Samsung (Tablet) Dualband (2.4 & 5Ghz) Theoretical Max speed on 2.4Ghz connection Theoretical Max speed on 5Ghz connection
galaxy-tab-s5e Yes 100mbps 300mbps
galaxy-tab-s6 Yes 60mbps 600mbps