cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Full Fibre Installation

Apologies if covered but couldn’t find this question.

I currently have an old style master socket in my living room and have my modem attached to an extension cable upstairs. 

if I upgrade to full fibre will the new OTN box have to go next to the master socket in the living room and be connected to power. This is where the BT cables come in my house.?

Will my existing modem or equivalent have to be in my living room and connected directly to the OTN box or can I continue to run it off  my extension .

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Full Fibre Installation

You’d have a new cable to your property so the engineer will normally agree a location with you for the ONT to be installed.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks

if I want to be old school and keep my landline. Can the ONT box be connected to any of my extensions?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

No, the ONT doesn't supply telephony

When you move to FTTP you wil be changed to Digital Voice (VoIP).

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks

Am I understanding this part  correctly 

If it really thought necessary to use corded phones in existing extension wiring, this can be achieved if broadband service is via FTTP (Full Fibre to the home) by simply disconnecting the incoming wires from the master socket and connecting the green socket on the hub to any of the phone sockets with a cord consisting of a phone plug at each end.”

If I want to use my existing phones and extensions I need to get the master disconnected and the ONT connected to an existing socket.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

No, read it again.

The ONT only connects to your hub.

If you have FTTP, you simply connect your hub green socket to your master socket with a double ended cable to utilise your existing wiring for telephony.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thanks

so the connectivity is external cable to ONT.

ONT to HUb  this gets me wifi

Hub to any telephone socket. this gets me  use of existing telephones

so realistically if I wanted to do this the  ONT , Hub and telephone socket would need to be beside each other.

And I can’t run the hub off of an extension as I do currently as the ONT needs to connect to the hub

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Correct