cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full fibre 100 but Wi-Fi still rubbish!

Go to solution

Hi, I have full fibre 100. On Ookla the speeds are high, but Wi-Fi is rubbish - same as it was before on the old halo 2 speed. I can’t afford to pay more in my contract eg discs, so what could help, please?

unless the discs are really worth it?

im also finding that casting programmes from my iPad to tv is awful - impossible to watch because of the buffering. The router is in the lounge - same as the tv. The tv is 8 years old (Sony Bravia from 2015) so could that be the problem? 
really hoping to get some helpful advice please as I am not very techy! 
I have tried running an Ethernet cable from the router to the tv but obviously that’s not helping with the casting from my iPad problem.

thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full fibre 100 but Wi-Fi still rubbish!

Go to solution

if you are still using same router in same position as before not sure why you expected a big jump in your wifi speed.  your connection speed will have improved and your connection to devices with ethernet will be better but wifi is subject to interference in your home.  have you tried selecting channels manually having used a wifi analyser on your mobile?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

It’s a new router in a new position as installed by Openreach. 

no I haven’t tried that suggestion- please could you explain what this involves and how to go about this please?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

get wifi analyser on phone and this will show the networks near you and channels in use.  then go to hub manager then wifi and change the wifi channels to free or less congested channels as shown on wifi analyser.  If you have SKYQ then don't use channel 36 on hub wifi

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
🙏🏻 thank you
0 Ratings