cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 32

Re: Gfast modem.

Go to solution

Thank you very much. I will have another tinker with it tomorrow. 

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 32

Go to solution

Thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 32

Go to solution

A good place to learn how to ethically tinker with your Asus router is snbforums.com

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 32

Go to solution

Afternoon. So I still can't get the LAN and WAN to talk to each other. Her is the screenshots

Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 16.02.23-min.pngScreenshot 2023-05-27 at 16.02.45-min.pngScreenshot 2023-05-27 at 16.18.04-min.pngScreenshot 2023-05-27 at 16.18.08-min.png

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 32

Go to solution

So, the obvious issue is that there is no connection on the WAN port.  Even if you don't have a connection to the internet the router should still be detecting the cable between the router and the modem!

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 32

Go to solution

Yes and this is what I am struggling with. Tell me , have I made a massive mistake here. How did you run your draytek. Was it modem or router mode?

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 32

Go to solution

Wall socket - rj11-rj11 - dsl port> modem > LAN port > rj45-rj45 > router WAN port

And the modem needs to be in modem bridge mode

But provided the LAN ports on the modem are enabled (default), you should see the Modem LAN activity light being active, and the router should be detecting the connection as a 1000Mb/s connection - even if nothing is set up!

I assume you've tried a different LAN cable?

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 32

Go to solution

Not tried a different cable no. But I have plugged the lan into a hh and pt1 on the draytek lights up. Plug the same cable from the lan to wan on the asus and nothing happens. 

On the draytek.Router mode

Ipv4 Internet access 

Wan 1 G.fast /PPPoa  ip address 86.162.207.136 have the Internet everything's all good. 

Bridge mode.

Nothing lights up , could this be the asus as being faulty perhaps?

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 32

Go to solution

If you have a laptop available run a cable from the ehternet port on the laptop to the WAN port on the router, if you get no lights on the laptop ethernet port, then the WAN port on the router is dead.

Not a common problem on the DSL-AC88u, but it's sister the RT-AC88u is notorious for the inbuilt switch failing!

Also if you have the quickstart manual for the Vigor166, you can follow that to set up a connection from a computer direct to the modem and the internet!

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 32

Go to solution

So I've tried it this way. I plugged from the Ethernet port on the laptop and tried to access the asus 192.168.1.1 and couldn't access. Same process but plugged into the Lan port and had access. 

If I plug the draytek into the hh then the lights on the draytek light up. If I plug the draytek into the wan on asus there's no light on the draytek. I plug from the draytek into the lan port on the asus the draytek lights up. 

0 Ratings