cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

SH2 at home versus SH2 at rented holiday house.

Go to solution

The SH2 at home works as expected on all my family’s devices. The SH2 at the rented holiday house initially connected, but then randomly would drop the connection to the hub, in this case my iPad. When I tried to reconnect, it gave the error message ‘wrong password’. This was not correct as a few minutes later it would reconnect to the hub using the password that had been entered.

I tried rebooting the hub, but this didn’t solve it. I observed that the smart tv and the internet radio, didn’t appear to suffer any disconnections. Maybe there was a sufficient buffer on each device to be able to cope who knows?
I tested the download speed on the holiday SH2 and it gave 52mb download and 9mb upload.

The house can sleep 10, and if each guest brings 2 internet devices then very quickly over a few weeks the number of devices that have connected to the SH2 will be quite high. 

We plan to have a holiday at the same house next year, is there a solution to eradicate these frequent disconnects from the hub?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: SH2 at home versus SH2 at rented holiday house.

Go to solution

@BiggerMike69 

Try a factory reset of the home hub,

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-settings

Its possible that the home hub has run out of internal connections, a very common issue if you have devices that are using random MAC addresses. You can probably see lots of "unknown device" entries in the home hub connections list.

A factory reset clears this list, but eventually it will happen again unless you avoid using MAC randomisation (Private Addressing ) on your  wireless connections.

This is mainly a problem with Apple devices and later Android versions.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Thank you, I’ll try this next time I’m down at the rented holiday home.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @BiggerMike69 and thanks for posting.

I'd be interested to know how this works out. Please post back once you've tried @Keith_Beddoe advice.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings