cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Google/Nest mini AP isolation

Brief overview: 900mbps working fine. Smart hub 2. 

Full Google smart home, several speakers/displays all working fine.

Google mini disconnected itself from the "home". When I tried to re-connect it failed. I've reset the mini and BT router several times. Mini also reset to factory.

When I try to add the mini back onto the home system I recieve this error.Screenshot_20240820_194257_Home.jpg

Spoke to BT support, they said they have never heard of this before....

I'm reasonably technical, have a decent understanding of tech but this is beyond me. I've accessed the router and can't find anything to do with AP Isolation 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Google/Nest mini AP isolation

I suspect your phone is attempting to connect to the Nest Mini in ad-hoc mode and because the Smart Hub 2 uses the same SSID for both bands, your phone might be connecting to the hub using the 5Ghz  band thus precluding it connecting to the Mini on the 2.4Ghz band (or vice versa).

Temporarily switch off the 5Ghz wifi on the hub to force all devices to use the 2,4Ghz band and then reinstate it once everything working.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Google/Nest mini AP isolation

First, thank you very much for the speedy reply! In my haste to post the original message I should have stated I did try this however I rushed it as I'm not very patient. I'll give it another go tomorrow.and let you know the result. Thank you 😄

0 Ratings