cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Harmony Hub & Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

Harmony Hub won't connect to WiFi . Reading other posts I see this is an ongoing problem. Smart Hub 2 installed today with digital voice so I guess no going back. 

I've tried switching to 2.4 GHz only with no success. Many restart of harmony and BT hub. 

One thread suggested getting 2.4 GHz WiFi extender so there was a separate SSID  for 2.4 Ghz. Can I connect my old BT hub to my new one using ethernet cable and use it as an extension??

Or any other suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Harmony Hub & Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

Hi @MisterCP   I have three Harmony Hubs connected to my SH2. The only change I have made is fixing the channels on the SH2 to 11 & 48. Perhaps you could try that. I have never had a problem connecting them.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi. and thanks for taking the time to reply.

Just checked and funnily enough that is where my channels ended up.  I had gone systematically thro each channel and each mode on the the 2.4 GHz band. 

I'm borrowing a WiFi extender next week which will give me a separate SSID I shall try that. 

Fortunately the harmony hub does transmit commands as normally but just not able to connect should I need to make changes in the future. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

@MisterCPwrote:

Just checked and funnily enough that is where my channels ended up.

Hi @MisterCP   The important thing is to turn off Smart Channels then reboot the SH2. Worked for me.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks. Yes that's what I did many times yesterday but no joy. 

Am now trying to use an old smart hub (that an engineer left years ago so won't need return) as a WiFi extender. Following instructions on this forum and elsewhere and no luck there either!

Aargh. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

No idea what a Harmony hub is, but have you factory reset it to clear out any old configuration before attempting to connect to it?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, 

Thanks. Indeed restarting and resetting all day long. The harmony hub is device that sits between a harmony remote and controls all devices whether by IR or wifi. So I can turn TV on, hi-fi and dim lights of need be all from one remote.  

As follow up, I've got an old bt hub now working as WiFi extender. This device is connected to it now. However the harmony hub which only has WiFi still wont. It used to when that was the main router. 

Losing hair that I can't afford to lose 🙂

But thanks for reply 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Are you sure you have carried out a full factory restore rather than just restarting it.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks. The harmony hub has one button

pair/reset and no connection beside power unfortunately. It's a simple thing calling it a hub is perhaps confusing but that's Logitechs name for it. It's not an ethernet hub, it communicates between remote and devices. 

There are other people on internet complaining about this particular device and smart hub 2. 

It still controls my devices. I'll just never be able to configure it should I add a new device.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Google reveals

Unplug your hub and then hold the Pair/Reset button on the back while plugging it back in. The light on the front of the hub will flicker red for approximately 30 seconds as the hub restores itself to factory defaults.