cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Help...confused.com

Just about to move into a new build and this is in a cupboard by the front door...BT said simply plug in my router and it will work on the day they switch me over...NOT GOT A CLUE what to plug into what...there's no instructions anywhere...

• If my router magically plugs into it what a stupid place to put it as it's so far from the lounge area where I'll need coverage for the TV etc...Can't find anything online about it or any instructions on the BT site...Please bare in mind I can just about work the microwave so no technical explanations...just what goes where etc etc...TIA20240425_103644~2.jpg
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Help...confused.com

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/getting-set-up/how-to-set-up/bt-smart-hub-2/connection-modem

The plate on the right is an ethernet patch panel that will go to ethernet connections in other rooms. So after the router is up & running, you can connect ethernet cables between the router & the patch panel & then another ethernet cable to a device in the room. Or  to an ethernet switch if you need more than one connection.

Of course until it's actually up & running you won't know what the WiFi coverage is like.

0 Ratings