cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Help, please, help me.

Hey everyone, first time poster in need of some help, desperately.

Without going into too much detail, in temporary accommodation (the in-laws) and have a temporary gaming set up. When I first got her, the internet was awful however recently, upgraded to fibre and 100mb download speed. Winner.

However, still no success in appropriate gaming conditions, as the lag and spikes where horrific.

Lovely people at BT tried to help, which has meant we now have a wi-fi extender as well as two booster discs. Sadly, although sometimes the connection is solid, it's still the majority of the time it isn't.

Simple speed test says there's nothing wrong with the Ping, however CoD Warzone (my drink  of choice)  shows lag spikes/packet losses all over the place.

With all that being said, I go back to the subject line. Help me, please.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Help, please, help me.

Message 3 of 8

Thanks Les, it's switched on, so no luck there.
Was excited that something so simple was going to be my saviour.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@latencyking wrote:

Thanks Les, it's switched on, so no luck there.
Was excited that something so simple was going to be my saviour.

You need to switch it off. On is bad.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Oh really?

I'll go with it - but why's that?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

causes device connection problems - many forum post found using search

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@latencyking 

Bear in mind that you will not have exclusive use of the broadband connection in the house, so other devices that are connected are going to affect your latency, especially if they are streaming video content. The way to prove this is to pick a time when there is nobody else using the connection in the house, and then see if things are better.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Thanks - Yeah, I usually go online when everyone else is in bed.
0 Ratings