cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Higher Resting Latency and Jittering

So it turns out since the night I noticed something was off (11th December) they filed a fault report for my broadband line that night and a scheduled engineer appointment for 21st December. 

So from multiple calls, live chats and communications with them they have not seen this problem with all their testing and told me?  

Instead... they sent a new hub to me today and I installed it and downloaded a game. After this I broadband tested through the BT website and that's where I was told there is a problem outside my control lol.

Fingers crossed they can fix the issue and thankyou for replying in the first place much love ❤️

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

I’ve had the exact same issue. Since the update my gameplay has been unplayable.
The download speed 75 and upload speed 19 are good, ping is good 15/20, packet loss 0 but I noticed high jitter on upload (100+).
I’ve tried everything
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Hi @Hazza2107 if you are still having problems then you'd probably be better off starting a new thread detailing exactly the problem you are seeing and how you are seeing it.
What type of connection do you have?
What game is the issue appearing in - and how does it manifest?
Are you using WiFi or a wired connection?
How are you measuring the latency (as overzealous measuring can itself cause problems)?

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Just had an engineer out this morning, explained to me that he's almost certain it isn't a physical issue for me after changing filters, cabling and testing my line which came back all good. He was quite as baffled as to me on what this problem could be. It was slightly out of his job role as Openreach don't deal with latency he said. However, he as much help in assuring me it isn't a physical problem.

The only tests I have remaining are christmas tree lights around my house or that firmware update I mentioned I received on my hub the same evening I felt this occur. So I suppose I wait for the next firmware update or it's the christmas tree lights LOL as that's the only thing that was changed physically around my house near when this happened 🙂

Your problem sounds similar to mine man, it's not so obvious it rings alarm bells but it sure is a problem when gaming  competitively. I hope we find the fix lol but yeah make sure you try all possibilities that it could be physically such as a new hub and cabling etc... just in case your issue isn't the same as mine is all I can suggest 🙂

0 Ratings