cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Solid orange light on Smart Hub 2 - just moved home

Hi all,

Have literally just moved house, bringing my Smart Hub 2 with me. Unfortunately didn't realise the engineer needed said hub for installation (daft, I know) and not just the Hybrid additional, so engineer set up as best he could and left instructions on how to finish.

Followed said instructions to set up the Hub and it is just displaying a solid orange light. The broadband cable is directly connected to the split openreach socket. 

Advice welcomed!!

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Solid orange light on Smart Hub 2 - just moved home

@CooperTrooper96 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

What BT Broadband package did you order, and what date have BT given you for the service to be activated?

Not quite sure whether you did actually bring the Smart Hub with you, as there appears to be some contradiction.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Hi,

I got the Fibre 1 package, and the engineer said Friday-Saturday - I have had the email confirmation that everything is up and running.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Sorry - and yes I did bring the hub with me, it just wasn't here when the engineer came.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Have you connected it up as shown below?

smart hub 2 vdsl.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Yes, although as there is a double master socket I haven't used a filter, just connected directly to the broadband port.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

An orange light indicates you have physical connectivity but your service has not been activated yet.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

I am surprised that the Openreach technician did not check that it was working, before they left.

I am assuming that there is no other powered Openreach equipment in the house, just in case its an optical connection with an ONT (Usually new build properties)?

All you can do is to ring BT and tell them the broadband is not working. They should arrange another visit from Openreach to fix the issue. This would be deemed an Early Life Failure, and dealt with within two working days.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

I haven't spotted any other openreach equipment unfortunately! Thank you for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Does the phone line work?

Why was an engineer required, what did they do?

0 Ratings