cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Hub Wi-Fi Range

Go to solution

In the process of moving back to BT fttp from  Virgin , currently use a TP Link Archer 2300 router which works perfectly with all my smart home system, and signals cover the whole house (4 bed detached) with a good 5ghz coverage, 2.4 reaches to the bottom of the garden for smart bulbs approximately 40 feet, and also to the front of the house for outside wall lights

I will be using my TP router for my BT service as I do not need a phone service 

Am I correct in that if I did use the hh2 you cannot split the 2.4 and 5 ghz frequencies into differ SSID’s and I would need some discs to get a similar whole house coverage 

regards

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Hub Wi-Fi Range

Go to solution

you cannot split the 2.4/5ghz using the SH2

you would be better continuing with your tplink setup as said in your previous thread

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

The hub coverage may or may not be the same as your TP Link, you won't know until you try it.

However, as @imjolly  says, if you don't need Digital Voice, stick with what you have and works.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I did use a couple of discs when with bt a couple of years ago, they did work pretty well, but the TP link router is very good compared to the Virgin hub 4, even has remote login. 

Thanks for the replies, will stick with what I have 👍

0 Ratings